Picture of the Week: February 23, 2009

"Wanderer" on the hook in Kentucky Lake this past Summer. (D. Petit)

This week's Picture of the week comes from Dick and Kay Pettit, owner's of a 2003 Beneteau 423. This picture is unique because the Petit's are truly living the dream. I can't tell you how many people I sell boats to that say: "Our plan is to retire and sail away to live aboard our boat". Very few actually act on this dream. I heard these same words from Dick and Kay back in 2003 at the boat show when they purchased their new 423. In the years that ensued, the got the knowledge they needed to increase their competency on the water. Then a couple of year's ago Dick called me to tell me he wanted to put the finishing touches on his boat, had retired and was going to take his boat down the river to the gulf and eventually do the loop. A few grandchildren later and a slower trip than planned, the Petits are slowly making their way down. They balance their time between living aboard their boat and coming back to Chicago to see the family. It all starts with the dream, then making the commitment to act on it.
Something to think about: We can't take it with us and last I checked, I wasn't getting any younger. Way to go Guys!

Popular Posts